Since the time, technology has taken the world in it’s arms, there has been a metamorphosis in world wide web. The word ‘Website’ has now become vast. Every day, efforts are made to develop it and with the rapid developments taking place, technology is playing a vital role in converting a website to something, which would help the people of this generation and the upcoming generation.
Without a good web application, a website is like a ship without radar. A website with a good user interface always glues customer to a particular site. Gone are the days, when Java Script was used to make a website. These days, to make complex web interfaces, it is mandatory to adapt to more advanced technologies. Here, comes the role of frameworks that makes a website user friendly and easily accessible. Using an MV framework, helps you to design the perfect website. If you are making a single page application, then an MV framework is the best option. With the improvement in web application development services, many firms these days offer such services.
One question that comes in mind while developing such application is which is the best framework that will deliver the best result? Well, Angular JS and Ember JS are two of the most popular frameworks, but which is the best one among them or are both of them the right frameworks? This question often leaves a skeptic mind.
Don’t worry, over the next few paragraphs, UIPL will give you a brief understanding of Angular JS and Ember JS, help you analyze these frameworks and understand which is a better framework.
Similarity of Angular JS and Ember Js
Before we start, it is important to know that both these frameworks have many similarities between them.
There are some similar features, which both the frameworks enjoy. Let us take a look at them.
- They are open sourced.
- Both of them are released under the MIT license.
- They use the MV design pattern in order to create Single Page Web Applications.
A Bit of History
So, what makes these two frameworks so popular? Well, it is time to know a little about the evolution of these two frameworks. AngularJS, as we all know today, was not known by its name since the time it was discovered first by Misko Hevery. It was known as ‘Get Angular’ in 2009. Within few days of its launch, it created web applications with only 1000 code lines within 3 weeks, which earlier consisted of 17000 code lines and took 6 weeks to develop. Google, the search engine giant was amazed by this amazing feature of this framework. It started sponsoring ‘Get Angular’ by renaming it as Angular JS.
Backbone. JS was mainly developed in 2010, in order to replace heavy and full featured MVC network. The framework made the task of website development easier and hence it was adopted by many well-known companies around the world like AirBNB, Pinterest and many more.
Benefits of Angular Js in Web Development
Angular JS has proved to be a boon for developers. Here’s how:
- Now, Boilerplate code is replaced with Two-way data binding. This means you do not have to write any code manually.
- Ease of changing the property of an arbitrary scope object with automatic ‘Dirty Checking.’
- Option of categorizing application building blocks into Filters, Factories, Directives and Controllers.
- Offers ready-to-use powerful mocks like $http and $timeout for built in services.
Benefits of Ember Js in Web Development
Ember JS offers an array of benefits to the developers. Here’s how:
- Almost similar to the first benefit of Angular JS, Ember prevents the user from manually writing the code and instead uses the boilerplate code. Moreover, you do not have to define the controller for your resource. Hence, you write lesser codes, that saves time and helps to increase productivity.
- Ember Data has an interesting data module that seamlessly integrates with Ruby on Rails. In addition to this, it also sets up fixtures against testing and mock API.
- Your server loads fast that in turn helps to run the application faster. This happens due to the use of ‘Run Loop’ that helps to make the update with DOM , instead of updating it multiple times.
Hence, we studied the benefits of both the frameworks in web development. If Ember helps to improve the MVC structure by making it easier for developers who work with Java, Python, C# or any other language; on the other hand, the Angular JS is of great benefit for prototype projects and production applications in large scale.
Hence, one question that still remains is which is a better framework? Both the frameworks are useful and important. It all depends upon the purpose for which they are used. For instance: in case of a community framework, Angular JS is the best option according to a 2014 Google Trend report. On the other hand, when it comes to Templating, both Angular and Ember JS take the lead, as Ember’s HTML Bars understand DOM.